Professor Paul Cooper visited China as part of the University of Birmingham Research Leaders Academic Delegation. It was a busy week for Paul with visits to several institutions.
At the start the delegation met with Mathew Rous, British Consul General Guangzhou and representatives from Science and Innovation Network and British Council. Then on successive days Paul visited the following Universities
- Jinan University (South Campus)
- Round-table discussion took place with staff in Dentistry and this will lead to potential collaboration from JU.
- Ju Sun Yat-Sen University School of Stomatology, Guangdong
- Paul gave a presentation to staff and tour of clinics and research facilities. There were discussions about future ecollaborations with the Head & Deputy Head of School. Following this visit there has already been research student exchanges.
- Huazhong University of Science & Technology Centre for Biomedical Photonics, Wuhan National Laboratory for Optoelectronics
- Department of Stomatology, Xiehe Hospital, Wuhan
- Presentation to staff, round-table discussion and tour of clinics with collaboration with the Head of School – Lily Chen.
- Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech)
- Here there were discussions with the Medical School Planning Committee and the Department of Biomedical Engineering.
Prof Paul Cooper has a strong track record on Chinese Engagement with 12 publications which have arisen from continued collaboration following on from previous visits with the State Key Laboratory of Military Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi’an Shaanxi, and the Institute of Stomatology, Nanjing Medical University, Jiangsu.